<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6857200807418674644?origin\x3dhttp://swanandcullen.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, May 27, 2019 | 11:35 PM

Post-Review

It's been 9 years since I first started the Sookie Stackhouse series. Today I've finally completed the entire series.

I was so disappointed with whom Sookie ended up with. Remember when the last season of True Blood ended, everyone was curious about the human whom Sookie was pregnant with. Since the face of the human was not shown, it's safe to say that he's someone new (aka a person that never appeared in Sookie's life prior the supe drama). It was kind of an ending albeit a weird one because Sookie said she finds it hard to be with someone (a human) due to her telepathic abilities.

At least Charlaine Harris kept that true so I was glad Sookie didn't just pick a normal human.

BUT STILL.

With Eric leaving her for Oklahoma (damn him! I was so frustrated that I refuse to be reminded of the female vampire.), there were a few possibilities.

1. I certainly wouldn't mind her partner to be Alcide. Too bad he's already attached. Ugh!

2. Back with Bill. I hated that idea because it seems like Sookie would have no backbone, and I think that ship has sailed for the number of books since the time when they broke up. Although this is a terrible idea, I still think it's way better than that person.

Ending: Sookie ended up with Sam Merlotte.

If I hated the idea that it might be Bill, I despised it being Sam.

In a way, I felt cheated. I mean, if something's going to happen between Sookie and Sam, that would have already happened way before book number 13. So I've endured 9 years (13 books) only to have this ending? Damn! I don't understand why Charlaine Harris chose the shapeshifter. I bet it's simply a continuity from when Sookie saved Sam's life using the cluviel dor. And then their union was the aftermath of using the magic.

WTH?

There were other subtle things that just didn't quite add up, and I'd just have to leave them be because I've been through this over and over again throughout the Sookie Stackhouse journey. Towards the end of the series, while most criticised Sookie and her immature and mundane ways, I stood by her even not minding her internal dialogues/random thoughts/going about her housework chores (because I think that's her normalcy in her super crazy supernatural world). I share the exact sentiments of others' in the last few chapters or so (especially after she's together with Sam) -- I just couldn't get, couldn't accept the way things turned out and how she acted. The last paragraph:

"I couldn't imagine a future without him (Sam). But I also knew that if he turned away from me at this moment, somehow I would survive that, and I would find a way to flourish myself like the yard that still bloomed and grew around my family home."

So Sookie, you mean to say that Sam is dispensable? Just how serious are you about relationships? You didn't seem to care that much that Eric left. You only said that you are heartbroken but you don't feel like it. When you try to feel heartbroken, you quickly toss that topic aside because you have other things to worry about.

In that instance, I feel that Eric made the right decision in leaving her to pursue what's best for him in Oklahoma. Thanks to his maker, Appius, who indeed made the right decision for Eric though it seemed a little extreme, like selling him over to the queen.

Because Sookie really didn't deserve him, Eric Northman.








Myself♥


♥World of Bella and Edward♥

Isabella/Bella Swan(Mrs Cullen)
Boyfriend/Lover:Edward Cullen
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"he murmured.
I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word.
"What a stupid lamb," I sighed.
"What a sick, masochistic lion."

Silly, beautiful, oversensitive girl.You are my brand of heroin.-♥Edward Cullen♥
Vampires(s) . ♥


LOVES♥

♥Edward Cullen♥
"Look,I love you more than everything in the world combined.Isn't that enough?"
"Yes,it is enough.Enough forever."
And he leaned down to press his cold lips once more to my throat.
-♥Bella and Edward♥

Protagonist♥

When you can live forever, what do you live for?

Twilight♥

"What if I'm not the superhero?
What if I'm the bad guy?"
-♥Edward Cullen♥

Twilighter♥

If I could dream at all,
it would be about you.
And I'm not ashamed of it.
-♥Edward Cullen♥

Wishes♥

To be with Edward forever and ever...

He murmured♥

I dazzle people? -♥Edward Cullen♥
Bring on the shackles, I'm your prisoner.-♥Edward Cullen♥
"How old are you?"
"Seventeen," he answered promptly.
"And how long have you been seventeen?"
His lips twitched as he stared at the road.
“A while,”he admitted at last.
-♥Bella and Edward♥
I'll do whatever it takes,
to make you safe again.
♥Edward Cullen♥.
Be safe.-♥Edward Cullen♥
Just because I'm resisting the wine doesn't mean I can't appreciate the bouquet-♥Edward Cullen♥
If only you could understand,how hard it is for me to be with you,
without putting you in danger.-♥Edward Cullen♥


Thanks to♥

designer & editer of codes; x
image hosting; x
fonts; x
don't remove, thanks.