<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6857200807418674644?origin\x3dhttp://swanandcullen.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, June 5, 2018 | 1:12 PM

Post-???

Just finished Dead Reckoning, the 11th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. Boy, that's hard to rate.

I felt as though I read through 335 pages of ... nothing. I don't mind that Sookie kept on having thoughts about housekeeping, her fae background, her grandmother, but it just seems that the story was under-developed. The only climax was executing Victor's death.

Under-development:
Perhaps there was a subplot--the gathering of some faes at Claude's club (Hooligans) in Monroe as if they were planning something (another fight?). It was not known whatever the hell that was since the faes were never quick to share, especially when there is less opportunity to do so when Sookie kicked Claude out of her house. When Dermot and Claude promised to tell Sookie what was going on, they only discussed about her fae heritage, but no mention about any impending war or the likes. Frustrating.

No explanation:
Sookie came home to danger! Yeah, like that was new. Dermot was injured in the house, but she was trying to escape her two human captors in the woods. Wait...there was something about her captors knocking down trees to block her escape...I don't understand, didn't she said HUMAN captors? Huh? Anyway, the two human captors were decapitated by Dermot and an elf. After going through their wallets, Sookie didn't seem to know who hired them and the whole incident was quickly forgotten.

You could only assume they were hired by Sandra Pelt, the crazy supe whom throughout the book, tried multiple times to kill Sookie.

"I've tried to kill you over and over, and you just won't die!"
I almost felt like apologizing.


Besides the Sandra Pelt issue, there was also no explanation of how Victor procured the fairy blood that was wiped all over the inside of the glass which he offered to Eric and Pam along with the bottled synthetic blood. 

Plain-weird:
Alcide made a guest appearance, albeit an awkward one. Which, honestly, is completely unnecessary.

Blood bond:
Amelia just waltzed in and told Sookie she found out a way to break the blood bond she shared with Eric. I hate that Sookie agreed to it without a moment's of hesitation. She clearly knew that it could save her life by alerting Eric of her dangerous predicament. Yeah, I have to agree that Sookie was being ungrateful--the times when Eric rushed to the bar to save her when she was afraid for her life. The immediate call to her when Eric could no longer sense her (believing she was dead) when Amelia broke the bond. It goes to show Sookie was undeserving of the blood bond and its protection. Stupid Sookie!

ERIC!!!:
Seriously, I don't even know where to begin. Apparently, Eric was signed off to Queen of Oklahoma by his maker before his death in the 10th book. Eric was testy in the beginning of the book because of this, but it was not known until almost at the end. Pam tried to give hints:

"There, see!" Pam said to Eric. "She lives with other men. She goes shopping with other men. What kind of husband are you?"
And Eric launched himself across the table, hands extended toward Pam's throat. 

"And you're Eric's wife," Pam observed quietly.
 Eric glared at her in the rearview mirror. 
"Eric got a letter--"Pam began, and before I could register that he'd moved, Eric had whipped around, reached over the seat, and seized her throat. 

All the while I thought Eric was keeping a fae-related secret from Sookie, maybe something related to the bunch of fae in Hooligans. I never would have dreamed of the possibility of Eric marrying another, to one with status and power that comes in the form of Queen of Oklahoma. Mind you, he loved power. No doubt this marriage would bring him higher up in the vampire hierarchy. Sookie was right; Eric loved her, but the question is whether it is enough to make him give up these materialistic stuff. It's evident that their relationship was strained, even before this big revelation. Then I came to an ugly realization that Eric adored Sookie, enough to protect her life, which is not exactly the same as love. You can see more of that in Bill than in Eric. That just crushed me. 

I wonder how the series would end. Is it even remotely possible that Sookie would ultimately end up with a human like in the HBO series? Unless she gets around the telepathic issue, that is. What about a supe? (Please not Alcide!). If she doesn't have a backbone, then she'll go back to Bill. 

 







Myself♥


♥World of Bella and Edward♥

Isabella/Bella Swan(Mrs Cullen)
Boyfriend/Lover:Edward Cullen
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"he murmured.
I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word.
"What a stupid lamb," I sighed.
"What a sick, masochistic lion."

Silly, beautiful, oversensitive girl.You are my brand of heroin.-♥Edward Cullen♥
Vampires(s) . ♥


LOVES♥

♥Edward Cullen♥
"Look,I love you more than everything in the world combined.Isn't that enough?"
"Yes,it is enough.Enough forever."
And he leaned down to press his cold lips once more to my throat.
-♥Bella and Edward♥

Protagonist♥

When you can live forever, what do you live for?

Twilight♥

"What if I'm not the superhero?
What if I'm the bad guy?"
-♥Edward Cullen♥

Twilighter♥

If I could dream at all,
it would be about you.
And I'm not ashamed of it.
-♥Edward Cullen♥

Wishes♥

To be with Edward forever and ever...

He murmured♥

I dazzle people? -♥Edward Cullen♥
Bring on the shackles, I'm your prisoner.-♥Edward Cullen♥
"How old are you?"
"Seventeen," he answered promptly.
"And how long have you been seventeen?"
His lips twitched as he stared at the road.
“A while,”he admitted at last.
-♥Bella and Edward♥
I'll do whatever it takes,
to make you safe again.
♥Edward Cullen♥.
Be safe.-♥Edward Cullen♥
Just because I'm resisting the wine doesn't mean I can't appreciate the bouquet-♥Edward Cullen♥
If only you could understand,how hard it is for me to be with you,
without putting you in danger.-♥Edward Cullen♥


Thanks to♥

designer & editer of codes; x
image hosting; x
fonts; x
don't remove, thanks.