Sunday, January 24, 2016 | 5:14 PM
Post-Free Posting
It has been so long. When was the last time I read a book? I mean a real book, not ebook. Guess it's last March/April.
Last year was a really hectic year. There were so many things going on, and of course, the ongoing dread of going to school each day. It was horrible to the point that I didn't feel a thing about not having a book to read. Normally I would feel this itch, and I'll constantly hover over Goodreads, checking out new books and random updates. During that period of time, the idea just completely disappear into who knows where. It's really weird, because I never had that feeling. For a while, I was afraid that this was going to erase my interest in books. So I made use of my morning commute to read on my phone in (probably) September. It wasn't an entirely awesome one, but I just had to take it.
Well, it wasn't that bad. I could really put the commute time to good use, if not I'd be on Flipboard anyway. Unfortunately, the subsequent book had a crappy storyline and had me offended. Mind you, I always have an open mind about books, so it's a pretty serious business. Perhaps because of that I gave up reading totally.
Now that this is another new year with new beginnings, I just started to hang out on Goodreads again. In this January, I've proudly completed two books, that means I'm 7% on my way to this year's reading goal. Nice.