Thursday, June 4, 2015 | 11:48 PM
Post-Free Posting
Last paper to go.
This is really tiring; the whole term was exactly like a roller-coaster ride. Each week, there would be at least 2 assessments. The worst was up to 4 in a week.
Today's paper was a disaster. The reason I hate open-book test: when you panic, you could never find the answer to the question. The question was on meningitis, which could be caused by several agents. And you want me to state how to prevent untreated wound in meningitis? I checked under preventive measures for one of the agent, and the answer in the textbook was 'no preventive measure'. You want me to go to the index page to find other microorganisms that may cause meningitis and how to prevent...what...untreated wound? I don't even understand the question. I wrote whatever came to mind without bothering to check the textbook or notes. In fact, that was what I did for 40% of the paper. Not that I study, I didn't have the time to do so. Then on cytomegalovirus. How can baby/fetus get infected? Uh, virology was not taught yet, and the only place this name occurred was in specimen collection. You want me to go to the contents page/index to check out this virus? Ain't have time to do that. So the question? Pass.
I did that for several questions, because we were told to skip those that we weren't sure of. In the end, I only had about 15 minutes to answer the last question which had many other sub questions. Ugh.
Tomorrow's paper is going to be a disaster. It's a topic that we have to self-learn and no notes were given. Damn. No sample questions for us to practice on. DAMN.
As I said, I'm really tired. It's a miracle that I survive with 5 hours of sleep everyday. My sleep cycle was already way too deviated from the normal sleep cycle that I tried so hard to maintain for the past years. From 7, to 6, now to 5.
Seriously, what do you want me to study? I forgot to mention, my brain is very good at filtering information. Very quickly, it can filter out details such that I grasp the overview or general concept. I know what the topic is about, but when you want me to explain, that becomes difficult because it's just common sense. That is why memorising is mandatory. I can't even do that now as I don't even have a clue what to study. Fortunately or unfortunately, tomorrow's test is a closed-book test. Worse, it is an extremely technical subject, such as management. I am a science student; I prefer mechanisms and that is another reason why I don't take Business courses. Why are you doing this to me?