Saturday, November 15, 2014 | 4:53 PM
Post-Free Posting
I have never thought it in this way before, yet now I am feeling the rage people have for FSoG.
The trailer (yep, not supposed to watch) reflected essentially what FSoG is about. Who doesn't know it's BDSM? What I had really gotten out of that one minute (or so) trailer is the so called 'history' between Anastasia and
Mr Grey Christian Grey, based on the fact that the final book was read. I know this sounds weird because I've never even started the first book, but that's how I felt while watching the trailer.
I can see the link between Twilight and FSoG. The main idea is the same--an innocent girl met with a not-so-innocent guy, and that guy was somehow protective towards this girl (perhaps a little too much). The girl developed some kind of dependence to this guy. I mean, who doesn't want to? He's almost like the perfect guy, with the money and the looks. Now, a lot of people feel that this kind of girl is a very much hated woman because of the dependence. I didn't hate Bella because I saw something that Anastasia didn't have--determination. There was determination when Bella wanted to become a vampire. She knew how she felt and wanted something really desperately. As for Anastasia, she's just like a puppet to me. She didn't have a mind of her own, allowing Christian to have his own way with her. She is weak. She couldn't even defend herself or something because I saw Christian coming to her rescue.That had me feeling some pinch of rage. Didn't Christian find her a least bit bothersome? I understand Anastasia dependence, really. That does not mean I agree to her actions.
Dang. I wanted to read FSoG, but this just doesn't help in persuading me to read it.
Honestly, if I were to choose between Christian and Barrons, I would have gone for the latter. Don't even have to think, as I'll rather be Mac than a puppet.