Thursday, June 5, 2014 | 10:27 PM
Post-Free Posting
This is frustrating. It is so hard to concentrate. I have not been myself for a long time. What happened to the reader in me? I think she got lost somewhere; I must find her back.
Have I said how much I hate the examination period? Apart from refraining myself from doing the things I enjoy, it is frustrating to memorize tonnes of information, yet they did not appear in the exam. I have no idea what is the purpose of studying anymore. What do I have to know? Is basic concept/principles suffice? No, how can that ever be?
For the past few papers, I was not confident about my answers at all. But one thing I have learnt, is to look at the picture. I can't memorize by chunks anymore, which is bad news. Then again, what is the new approach with the big picture? Someone please tell me!
I have not skipped questions for a long time. And that was exactly what I did. I was so stunned by the question. Free oxygen radicals from ischemia? What is that? I know ischemia, and free radicals, but I don't know how ischemia can cause free radicals! I wrote near to a paragraph, but figured that may not be relevant, so I cancelled it and start to tackle it from using another approach. A few words later, I was lost because I just don't know what is going on. I wrote whatever I could, and handed in the paper just 10 minutes before the paper ended. What else could I do? If I want to edit, I could not do it anymore as there was not a space left for me to write. So you could imagine my brain saying,"Take the paper! Take the paper to the invigilator! I don't want to see it a second longer!!!"
Then latex agglutination. What I learned was latex bead coated with antibodies, yet the question could not allow you to have latex bead coated with antibodies because they are testing for the presence of antibodies in the serum. Thus, it must be latex with antigen. However, my answer turned out to be the same as the previous part of the question which was hemagglutination. There. 8 marks gone.
I could not imagine how the paper is going to be like tomorrow. With three previous setbacks, how could I be confident about the fourth? Hence, what is the point of studying, in fact, memorizing if the questions are not something that you could have been prepared for?
God Bless ME.
As far as I know, there still has not been a sign of ASkars in any of the True Blood trailers (not that I watch, in case of spoilers). Eric better lives until the end of the season. The show might have met with its true death, but please, NEVER ERIC!