Wednesday, April 17, 2013 | 1:00 PM
Post-Review
[Gates of Paradise-Melissa de la Cruz] (Final book in Blue Bloods series)
The whole series was remarkable. From the first to the last book, the characters sought for solutions to solve the problems created by Lucifer and Silver Bloods.
It was kind of messy as:
-I don't really get the reincarnation. Take Charles for example. His children were Mimi and Jack who both belonged to the Dark side whereas Charles himself belonged to the Light. So it was supposed to be that Mimi and Jack were not Charles biological children, just that they happened to be in this cycle. Which means that the so-called children of the vampires were not biologically related to their parents; they were only related by their last name. Then what about Bliss? Based on the book, she's the biological daughter of Gabrielle and Lucifer. That is so confusing!
-In the sixth book, there was a hope given to everyone--that Schuyler might be pregnant. Jack was rather worried about it because of a 'curse'. What curse? I read some discussion topics and found out that Jack was Satan's general _____ something? Now what had it got to do with Satan? Wasn't Jack's Lucifer's minion? So Satan=Lucifer? Probably not. Back to the real question: what curse??? What would be the problem? Some users said that if Schuyler discovered about the relationship between Jack and Satan, she would feel betrayed? What is...everything???
*In the end, she was not pregnant because Melissa would have something to say, especially when Jack died/disappeared for a long 3 years. Query: what about in the future?
The best thing about the series was that although there were a lot of problems going on, Melissa managed to provide the solutions so that everything will come together in one whole piece, making the story credible. It is no easy task as the story must flow smoothly right in the beginning till the end, where there were major and minor setbacks.
I know that this is not my first time saying it, but I really have to repeat it. Just this last chance that I am allowed to say:
I love Jack Force/Abbadon, Angel of Destruction forever!!!!!~