Friday, November 9, 2012 | 4:01 PM
Post-Review
Just completed reading Succubus Revealed. 5 stars.
I experienced having mixed feelings after reading the book. Near the end where Georgina was in Hell for the trial, I was infuriated that Roman was dragged into the waters. He had already gone out of his way to help Georgina, more than I think she deserved. But what happened to him in the end? Although the ending was a bit unclear, it was as good as believing he was dead. How could he not? When he first appeared in Hell, the angels and demons were all ready to kill him on the spot. What could be said after the official trial? Even he knew what the outcome was, and no matter how determined he could be, Georgina should not have allowed his actions and bring him to Hell. No matter how dire the situation, she really shouldn't.
Re-looking into the first book, Roman's love for Georgina was rather ambiguous. Back then, he might be using this pseudo-love to get back at the demons and angels. However, in the previous book before the instant Georgina was held captive by the Oneiro, I could feel that there was a hint of his love for her. Little did I know is the
extent of it that can bring Roman to sacrifice his
LIFE--HIS LIFE THAT HEAVEN AND HELL DESIRED SO MUCH OVER THE MANY YEARS HE HAD LIVED AND WELL-PROTECTED--for a woman that did not return the feelings he had for her. That was really, really, extremely sad. No word can truly describe the infinite degree of sadness.
Lastly, there came Carter, another of my most favorite character. He was leaving after he had completed his assignment, which happened to be giving back Georgina her soul. It was hardly believable. It was his assignment? And the fact that he's leaving? No! It was all so sudden and abrupt.
All in all, I like the series. I would give it a 4.5. I notice that this series tends to develop in the shape of a circle. What comes around, goes around. It started off with a succubus, who previously lost her soul to free her husband (Kyriakos). In the end, she is gaining her's and her husband souls (Seth=Kyriakos) back from the realms of Hell so that they could finally be together when centuries before, they couldn't. It was a nice development of the series, though at times, it may leave me with some heartache (Roman!~)