Monday, August 6, 2012 | 9:31 PM
Post-Innermost thoughts/Free Posting
It's been quite a while. Everyday is the same, yet not quite the same. You wake up at a certain time in the morning, and get ready for the day with the same motive as the day before, and the day after. This is still going to continue for the days and months to come. After which, it will be
years to come because you are anticipating other round of the exciting finals that will be coming around.
Everything is still the same, yet not quite the same.
The last sentence still applies for many other things. For instance, my profile on Goodreads. What is remaining stagnant for now, is the number of books I have read for this year, but what is not the same, is I am still adding on the books that I intend to read at the end of this year.
Everyday is still the same; we have 24 hours per day, but we use the hours quite differently for each days.
As this goes on, it becomes a little annoying, because we all hope to have something different for a respite. How I wish I can fast-forward everything, better still,
skip the painful process of waiting and landing firmly on the platform that suggests the end of hard work, opening the gates to a limited freedom (because freedom, I realized to a certain extent, is ephemeral.) All you want is to come to the surface to breathe, even for just a second, to catch your breath before the next leap. However, I was told that I could not afford the luxury. Upon hearing this, I seem to have lose it, feel like giving in to the exhaustion that lapped up my remaining strength. That is how much I want to be freed. However, such emotions should never outwin determination. I could only depend on one of my favorite quotes to keep me going:
what won't kill you makes you stronger.