Saturday, May 12, 2012 | 6:09 PM
Post-Free Posting
I have been contemplating. I logged on to Goodreads this morning and this month's newletter was sent to my mail. There was a gentle reminder for me to update my status on Lost in Time by Melissa de la Cruz. I only completed 13% of the book since I added it as my "currently-reading" 68 days ago.
That certainly did not seem like 68 days to me. I knew it was a long time ago, but 68? I have really lost track of time. Surprisingly, I could still remember the last scene before I closed the book a few months ago. It was the scene when Jack was separated from Schuyler.
The next problem is: Should I continue?
I have a brief idea what was going on, but am I going to continue with the book without re-reading it? This is what I hate the most. Starting a book and neglecting it for months. This is not the first time, and I have an even more appalling situation that is still happening right now--
I started Spirit Bound in December 2010 and have not touched it for more than a year. Still, like Lost in Time, I could remember the last part before I stepped away from the book--Lissa saved Dimitri by staking him in his heart, which I believed he must have turned back to being a dhampir by then.
For one thing I'm certain; I am not going to go back to Spirit Bound until the end of this year because it is such a brilliant book by Richelle Mead and I don't want to insult it by giving it a cold shoulder yet again. There was also another book I bought that went into the cold shelf (such a word?) since 2010 and stays there until God knows when because I really regretted buying the book (which I am not revealing its title). This year is
so not a book-year.