<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6857200807418674644?origin\x3dhttp://swanandcullen.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Friday, October 21, 2011 | 8:07 PM

Post-Review

Finished She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchelle.

At the start of this novel, Clara Carter was going to debut. In other words, she was going to attend balls and dinners, setting eyes on a lucky guy and prepared to get married. She was only seventeen, which was one year earlier then the usual age to debut. Her family wanted her to get hold of the De Vries heir (Franklin). However, her best friend Lizzie Barnes had also set eyes on the heir. During Clara's pursuit, she met the heir's younger brother, Harry. Both of them seemed to click. Following Clara's father's illness, there was an extreme need for Clara to get Franklin to propose to her. However, she rejected his proposal. In the end, Franklin chose Lizzie. Clara overheard Harry speaking to his brother, that he "preferred Lizzie" to Clara. Clara was extremely upset by this, as she was in love with Harry. However, in the last chapter of the book, Harry told her that he was lying. He said that Franklin had always taken everything that he had wanted and this time, he was not going to let that happen. Which means to say that Harry was steering Franklin in the wrong direction so that he would choose Lizzie instead. Can you believe after everything, it was the last chapter that everything went right? Finally? Both of them had always wanted to go to Italy and when they were married, which was announced by the news, not through Clara's perspective, they went to Italy for their honeymoon. I have doubts that when Harry said he knew of a person who eloped with his love, who was accompanied by an elderly spinster, and with the elderly spinster being the "person's" aunt, they abandoned everything and married, going to Italy for their honeymoon. I think Harry may not know of such person, but more of he was saying this to Clara to tease her, or to convince her to marry him. So sweet of Harry.

Personally, I really much prefer Harry to Franklin. He was a really funny guy and who cared a lot, A LOT for Clara. He was clumsy at times, but that just makes you love him even more. I would fight Clara for Harry if I were in the book. Or at least, in New York City in 1892.

PS Lizzie said the same thing to Clara about the fighting part. "If only he is the heir, I would fight you for him..." Something that goes along that line.

PPS I like the way that Siri Mitchelle writes. Especially about the near-gone love. For example, one of her books--A Constant Heart, Lytham and Marget almost could not be together because of chance and also due to a simple decision of time. Same here with Clara and Harry. Clara had said she would not attend Lizzie's wedding but came anyway. Could you imagine if she didn't? That one important decision had changed her and Harry's lives forever.

PPPS Miss Clara Carter and Mr Harold De Vries!







Myself♥


♥World of Bella and Edward♥

Isabella/Bella Swan(Mrs Cullen)
Boyfriend/Lover:Edward Cullen
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"he murmured.
I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word.
"What a stupid lamb," I sighed.
"What a sick, masochistic lion."

Silly, beautiful, oversensitive girl.You are my brand of heroin.-♥Edward Cullen♥
Vampires(s) . ♥


LOVES♥

♥Edward Cullen♥
"Look,I love you more than everything in the world combined.Isn't that enough?"
"Yes,it is enough.Enough forever."
And he leaned down to press his cold lips once more to my throat.
-♥Bella and Edward♥

Protagonist♥

When you can live forever, what do you live for?

Twilight♥

"What if I'm not the superhero?
What if I'm the bad guy?"
-♥Edward Cullen♥

Twilighter♥

If I could dream at all,
it would be about you.
And I'm not ashamed of it.
-♥Edward Cullen♥

Wishes♥

To be with Edward forever and ever...

He murmured♥

I dazzle people? -♥Edward Cullen♥
Bring on the shackles, I'm your prisoner.-♥Edward Cullen♥
"How old are you?"
"Seventeen," he answered promptly.
"And how long have you been seventeen?"
His lips twitched as he stared at the road.
“A while,”he admitted at last.
-♥Bella and Edward♥
I'll do whatever it takes,
to make you safe again.
♥Edward Cullen♥.
Be safe.-♥Edward Cullen♥
Just because I'm resisting the wine doesn't mean I can't appreciate the bouquet-♥Edward Cullen♥
If only you could understand,how hard it is for me to be with you,
without putting you in danger.-♥Edward Cullen♥


Thanks to♥

designer & editer of codes; x
image hosting; x
fonts; x
don't remove, thanks.